Friday, February 11, 2011

Honoraium..say what?








My sweet, wonderful husband, Larry, has been blessing by God with the gift of singing, definitely. He uses that gift by blessing others at church singing on the worship team Sunday morning, choir, and when I first met him, he sang in the 5th/6th grade kids group. To me, his greatest singing was of course the song he sang and recorded for me for our wedding (coming up on 5 years in March)..I cried, what bride wouldn't.





Last week, a friend of ours, Thomas Washington, asked Larry if he would sing for the Men's Breakfast at church (Grace) on Saturday morning, Feb 5. Larry accepted the singing offer and did just that. He sang with the gift God blessed him with, and in turn, I pray the men in attendance were blessed (I didn't attend, why, I am not a men).





Yesterday in the mail an envelope came from church addressed to Larry. I opened it, saw it was a check for $25. I thought it was perhaps a refund for Amanda's winter camp she did not get to attend...wrong. Larry called the stewardship office this morning and found out that he had been paid for singing at the Men's Breakfast!! Wow!? Such an unexpected gift. So, now that he accepted payment for singing, does this make him a professional!?





Seriously, though. Larry is not a professional, but to God he is His vessel. God blessed Larry with the gift of singing; Larry blessed several men and young boys; the church blessed us with the unexpected gift; and as a result, we will get to do something special as a family..perhaps dinner out.




I LOVE YOU

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Well, according to Steve, if you're paid for a gig, you're a professional. Congrats to Larry!